2.23.2008

Anxious Saturday

Well, not totally anxious. I am due to attend an engagement party tonight for my best friend and her fiance and although I totally want to go and support them and their pending union, I can't help but have anticipatory anxiety when thinking about it. It's being held at a really fancy "members-only" club, which in itself makes me nervous because I feel really weird around people who have money. And secondly, they've invited a ton of people so I'm nervous about the "mingling" aspect as well. My husband will be going with me, and he's great at talking with strangers, but I still fear that I'll feel uncomfortable while there. The positive thing for me is that my friend told me that the "light dinner" portion of the evening is simply buffet-style appetizers so I don't have to worry about being served a sit-down meal when eating in front of people or in a crowd is one of my biggest fears while dealing with anxiety. I get so nauseous that I feel like I'm going to throw up. I never do, of course, but nausea is my biggest symptom when I'm anxious and it's the worst feeling in the world. Wish me luck tonight!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.