2.26.2008

*Sigh*

While trying to cope and get through my anxiety disorder I've spent a lot of time thinking. I feel that I'm at a sort of crossroads in my life and I'm not really sure what's next. I'm 80 per cent sure that I want to change career paths, but I'm not certain of what that is. Truth is, I would love to be able to counsel people who have anxiety issues as I would fully be able to understand what it is they are going through, but the trouble is I'm not wanting to go back to school in order to fulfill this dream. Nor do I have the money at this time.

Now, trust me when I say that I'm not sure I'm even ready to go back to work at this time, but I think about what I want to be doing when I am and a few things have come up. Namely, jobs that would be close to home so public transportation would not be an issue, and also a job where the people I work with are nice and understanding where there is not much pressure or stress.

I've worked as a receptionist before, and my background is in communications and media, so basically my thoughts circle around going back into a job where I can use these skills. I'm in a contemplative stage in my life, so I would love any suggestions.

No comments: