3.18.2008

God in my life

I was born and raised Roman Catholic but I've never been overly religious or a very devout Christian. Until more recently. In battling my anxiety disorder I have become so much closer to God and my relationship with Him has developed a lot more. I find that I look to Him more often for guidance and strength. And I have to be honest, I think that my faith has been the one thing that has kept me going many times. For those of you who know what it's like to battle anxiety disorders on a daily basis, you can understand how hard it is to get motivated and hell, even get out of bed sometimes. I feel that God in my life has been a force and inspiration on many occasions where I needed help. Has anyone else experienced this or felt that God has helped them through hard times?

Prayer is a wonderful thing and I pray a lot that I will beat this thing one day. I have also started doing some research and listening to Christian music and have actually found some enjoyable artists. I would consider them to be more contemporary Christian or almost a pop music kind of feel. Anyways, if you're interested, check them out. I should note that so far I have only looked into female vocalists. I will get to the males eventually...I needed a starting point. And please send me your suggestions if you have any great artists you enjoy listening to when you need some inspiration or relaxation. I would love to hear from you!

Here are my newfound (female) artists:

Amanda Falk
Bethany Dillon
Jaci Valasquez
Joy Williams
Kristy Starling
Mandisa
Natalie Grant
Nichole Nordeman
Rachael Lampa
Rebecca St. James

Enjoy! :-)

No comments: