3.29.2008

Very useful web site...check it out!

I thought I would share this web site I found...RateMDs.com...where it allows you to rate your doctor(s) and you can also read what other patients have said about them. Doctors are rated in Canada, the U.S., the U.K., and Australia/New Zealand...you choose where you live and can see ratings for most doctors in all specialties. Doctors are rated on a scale of 1-5 based on punctuality, helpfulness, knowledge, and staff. I think it's a great tool for doing research on prospective doctors before you see them. As I realize it is only the opinions of the people who decide to take the time to rate, it would also have been useful to me had I looked up my psychiatrist on here prior to seeing him. I would have realized a long time ago what kind of medical professional he was. Glad to see I'm not the only one who views his services like this. He is a disgrace to the psychiatric profession, in my opinion.

3 comments:

Robert said...

So...

Are you going to look up a better psychiatrist?

E said...

Excellent blog. And thanks for visiting mine. I love the way the Internet is allowing a bunch of people with panic, anxiety, and agoraphobia to reach out and find a community of others going through the same crap they're going through, and I love your contribution to that community!

Rachael said...

Hi
thanks for the comment, ill defiantly take my camera with me, hopfully it wont be as bad as im expecting it to be!