3.03.2008

This weekend

This weekend was a little busier for me than usual. I attended a family birthday party on Friday night and then dropped in on some friends on Saturday to see their new house. I have to say that the party on Friday, where there were about 30 people crammed into a very tight area, where I feel like I should have felt anxious, I wasn't. And on Saturday, where it was just my husband and I with our two friends, touring their house I felt super anxious. Does this make any sense to you? Normally I'm okay when it's just a few people, but a basketcase in a crowd. Either way, I have to congratulate myself for making it through both situations, right? And even though I felt nauseous on Saturday, of course I never threw up. I just have to keep that in mind that no matter how nauseous I get when I'm anxious, I've never actually thrown up from it.

On another note, I'm noticing that since I've been on Zoloft (which has only been a few weeks) I've been super hungry all the time and as a result have gained a bit of weight. It happened when I was on Effexor too years ago, so I had to switch meds at that time. I'm seeing my psychiatrist next Monday so I'm going to tell him that I think I need to try something else, because for those of you who have experienced weight gain due to meds, it is really not fun. And for me, I have trouble losing weight as it is, so I would rather not add more pounds to the equation. I think it'll be okay though. I mean, the Zoloft seems to be helping my depression but not so much the anxiety, so we'll see what he suggests next.

2 comments:

coffeecup said...

Hi! Congratulations on an excellent blog! I'm so sorry that you have anxiety too, what a bummer! However you really have a great attitude and I'm sure you will be an inspiration to others, and will come through this (hopefully soon). In a crowd perhaps you felt less conspicuous than with two friends, I think that kind of situation can be more pressured. Well done for holding your nerve and sticking with it. The meds I agree can make you eat and eat, and not really help the panic, me too! It's good to find that we're not alone with these troubles, and that they shouldn't have to have a stigma attatched. Best wishes from 'the Panic Room!'

Aimée said...

Hey there! Thanks for the link to my blog and the support you have been giving me. I really appreciate the feedback. Its always comforting to meet someone else that is going through the same things. Congrats on making it through two anxious situations. I used to take Zoloft and the doctor said it could take up to 6-8 weeks to really kick in, so you may not be fully benefiting from it yet. The medication that has saved me is Clonozepam.

Best of Luck!